- 900g (about 2 large) sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 175g watercress
- 1 pomegranate, halved and seeds removed
- 75g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Handful fresh mint leaves, finely shredded
For the dressing
- Pinch of saffron
- 50g tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan180°C/ gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes in a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and season. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway. Cool.
- Meanwhile, soften the saffron in 2 tablespoons of boiling water, then cool. Put into a bowl with the tahini and lemon juice and whisk to a creamy consistency. Season.
- Put the sweet potato in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
- Try a sprightly, aromatic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, served very cold, or an off-dry Riesling.