400g pack chilled roast potatoes
2 x 150g pork shoulder steaks
60g Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Lemon and Pepper Crust (or use dried breadcrumbs with black pepper and lemon zest)
150g baby spinach
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Dice the potatoes from the pack, add to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes, until tender and golden.
3. Meanwhile, place the pork steaks between sheets of cling film and use a rolling pin to bash them until 5mm thick. Discard the cling film, then brush the pork steaks with oil, season and coat evenly and firmly in the lemon and pepper crust.
4. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pork and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander over the sink, pour over boiling water to just wilt, then squeeze out the excess liquid. Season and divide between plates. Place the pork and sautéed potatoes alongside, and serve with some lemon wedges, to squeeze over.
- For extra flavour, add grated Parmesan to the coating in this classic Italian dish.