4 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
1 small celery stick, finely sliced
300g risotto or arborio rice
1.2 litres chicken stock, hot
500g large, raw peeled prawns
4 large fresh sage leaves
2 tbsp double cream
115g Parmesan, grated, plus shavings to serve
1. Heat the butter and half the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the risotto rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until the grains are slightly translucent.
2. Add a ladleful of hot chicken stock to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the stock has been absorbed, then add another ladleful of stock. Continue adding the stock in this way, until the rice is al dente but the liquid is soup-like – about 20 minutes.
3. Stir the prawns into the risotto soup and cook for 1-2 minutes, until pink and cooked through.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, fry the large sage leaves for a few seconds, until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper to drain.
5. Stir the cream and Parmesan into the soup, then season with freshly ground black pepper.
6. To serve, divide the soup between 4 bowls. Garnish each with a fried sage leaf and Parmesan shavings.