- 135g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ready-diced shallots or 2 shallots, diced
- 1 heaped tbsp tom yam chilli paste
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 150g raw, peeled king prawns
- 60g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- A handful of beansprouts
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- A few fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over the rice noodles, leave for 5 minutes until soft, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan and soften the shallots. Stir in 1 heaped tbsp tom yam chilli paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and add prawns, sugar snap peas and a handful beansprouts. Simmer for 3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through.
- Divide the noodles between 2 bowls and pour over the laksa sauce. Top with spring onions and a few fresh coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges, to squeeze over.