- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 250g small courgettes, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 225g penne or fusilli pasta
- 100g Mi-Cuit tomatoes (we like Merchant Gourmet from major supermarkets), cut into strips
- 200g cooked and peeled prawns
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Large handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a deep frying pan (with a tight-fitting lid) over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1 minute, until beginning to soften. Add the pepper and 1 tablespoon water, cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the sugar snaps and courgettes and 1 tablespoon water. Re-cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender. Season well and cool.
- Whisk the lemon juice and remaining oil together and season. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until al dente. Drain well, tip into a large bowl and stir in the dressing. Cool.
- Mix the vegetables into the pasta, along with the tomatoes, prawns and herbs. Season to taste and serve.