- 400g leftover risotto or 400g pack mushroom and chestnut risotto
- 90g pulled ham hock
- 25g taleggio (or other cheese), cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp plain flour, plus extra, seasoned, for dusting
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 55g pack wild rocket
- Strain the risotto in a sieve, discarding any liquids. In a bowl, mix the strained risotto, ham hock, cheese, 2 tbsp flour and lemon zest. Carefully shape into 8 croquettes with flour-dusted hands and put on a baking tray. Chill for 15 minutes (they may feel sticky at first but chilling and dusting with flour will help).
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Dust each croquette in seasoned flour until well coated. Fry in the pan for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until piping hot throughout and golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and rocket tossed in the lemon juice.