- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, such as King Edward
- 8 good-quality pork and leek sausages
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not browned. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Grate the potatoes, place in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Smear the remaining oil over the base of a non-stick roasting tin or ovenproof dish. Add the grated potato, season well and spread evenly and thinly across the base. Bake for 10 minutes. Top evenly with the onion, then dot over the sausages. Bake for a further 35-40 minutes – turning the sausages halfway – or until the rösti is crispy and the sausages have browned.
- To serve, cut the rösti into quarters and divide between plates, along with 2 sausages each. Garnish with the fresh parsley.