- 400g herby sausages
- 280g-300g jar roasted or chargrilled peppers in olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 350g dried tagliatelle
- A handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley.
- Preheat the grill to medium and grill the sausages on a foil-lined baking sheet for about 15 minutes, turning now and then, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, drain the chargrilled peppers (reserving a little of the oil) and slice into thin strips.
- Slice the onion and soften in a large frying pan, with a tablespoon of the olive oil from the pepper jar, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and fry over a gentle heat for 1 minute, then add the peppers, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes, then slice the sausages thickly, add to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle according to the pack instructions. Season the pepper and sausage mixture with plenty of black pepper, then add the pasta to the pan with a splash of cooking water and parsley.
- You can make the dish vegetarian by using Quorn or Cauldron sausages.