- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 6 pork and herb sausages
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- Good splash of white wine
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 8 Irish potato farls
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Halve the sausages and add to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until just turning golden. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a good splash of white wine and boil to reduce the sauce. Stir in the crème fraîche, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the Irish potato farls. Divide between 4 plates and top with the creamy sausages and mushrooms to serve. Season to taste.