A quick and easy vegetarian recipe showcasing the delicious aubergine with feta and pine nuts.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 large aubergines
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 16 sun-blush tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Chop the aubergines into 2cm chunks, then add to the pan and sauté, turning, for 7-8 minutes until cooked through and golden on the outside.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the feta, pine nuts, sun-blush tomatoes and most of the basil. Season with black pepper.
- 3. Remove the aubergines from the heat, cool for 30 seconds, then add to the bowl. Toss together, scatter with the remaining basil, then serve with crusty bread.
PER SERVING 312kcals, 26.3g fat (8.5g saturated), 11.7g protein, 7.1g carbs (6.3g sugars), 2.1g salt, 5.5g fibre
Next time, slice each aubergine lengthways into 4 thick slices, brush with oil, then griddle on each side for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Preheat the grill to high, sprinkle each slice with the feta mix, then grill for 2 minutes until golden.