A simple, flavour-packed dinner that needs very little preparation – just pop everything in the tin and roast together
- 6 Sicilian sausages
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 small preserved or pickled lemons, halved (we like Belazu Pickled Lemons, from most major supermarkets)
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan180ºC/gas 6. Place the sausages, sweet potato, garlic cloves, lemons and rosemary sprigs in a roasting tin, so it all sits quite snugly but in a single layer.
- 2. In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, 3 tablespoons of water and some salt and pepper, and spoon over the top. Roast for 30 minutes, turning once or twice, until cooked through and golden.
- 3. Serve with creamy mash and seasonal greens. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins to eat – it’s deliciously sweet.
Per serving: 606kcals, 39.9g fat (15.2g saturated), 28g protein, 36.3g carbs, 14.6g sugar, 2g salt
Spicy Sicilian sausages (with pork and fennel) are now readily available in delis and large supermarkets, but you can use any herby pork sausages instead.
Wine note: There’s definitely a sweet hint here, so marry this with a sweetly ripe, modern red such as a Shiraz from Sicily.