- 500g turkey mince
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g sultanas or raisins
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250ml chicken stock, hot
- 350g dried spaghetti
- Combine the turkey in a bowl with the breadcrumbs, dried fruit, garlic, lemon zest, chilli, half the parsley and plenty of seasoning. Form into about 20 small meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the meatballs. Cook for about 4 minutes, turning frequently, until golden. Add the stock and turn up the heat. Simmer briskly for 5 minutes, until the stock is reduced by half. Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan with the remaining parsley. Season, toss well and serve.
- Try using lean pork mince and the leaves from a few fresh thyme sprigs instead. Freeze at the end of step 2 for up to 3 months. Thaw, reheat until piping hot and finish the recipe.