- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 tbsp mild curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 125g fine green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 175g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1/2 small cauliflower (about 375g), broken into small florets
- 100g ground almonds
- 410g can green lentils, drained
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, until softened. Stir in the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, beans, potato, corn and cauliflower. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Season to taste, then stir in the ground almonds and lentils. Simmer for a few minutes more until warmed through. Serve with plain boiled rice.
- A blend of Australian Semillon-Chardonnay is good here as the fruity, buttery character goes well with the creamy flavours.