- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- 2-3 tsp creamed horseradish
- 1 medium fennel bulb (including fronds), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 stick celery (including leaves), thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 4 fresh mackerel fillets, pin boned
- 2 tbsp roughly torn coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. To make the coleslaw, mix the yogurt and horseradish in a bowl, then add the fennel, apple, carrot and celery and mix. Leave for 10 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ground cumin and coriander, then sprinkle the mix over the flesh side of the mackerel fillets, rubbing in the spices a little. Place the fillets skin-side up on a lightly oiled baking sheet and grill for 4 minutes, then turn over and cook for 2-3 minutes more until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve the grilled mackerel fillets on the home-made coleslaw and sprinkle with the torn coriander leaves.