- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200g raw peeled king prawns
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
- A good squeeze of lime juice
- Rice and flatbreads, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a pan over a low heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and 1 tbsp harissa paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, season and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chickpeas. Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are pink.
- Stir in a handful chopped fresh coriander and a good squeeze of lime juice and serve with lime wedges, rice and flatbreads.
- Try this with strips of chicken breast instead of the king prawns.