- Grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1½
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 3½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Small bunch of fresh mint leaves, half chopped, half kept whole or torn if large
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, each sliced into 3 pieces
- 200g podded broad beans
- 200g garlic ciabatta, sliced in half lengthways
- Large handful lamb’s lettuce
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- Small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, mix together the zest and juice from one of the lemons, the honey, 1½ tbsp of the oil and the chopped mint. Season and add the chicken, stirring to coat. Leave to one side for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans for 2 minutes in a small pan of boiling water. Drain, refresh with cold water and drain again. Slip the beans from their skins and set aside. Tear the ciabatta into small pieces, place on a baking sheet and grill for 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Preheat a barbecue or griddle over a high heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until charred, sticky and cooked through.
- Toss the lettuce, broad beans, ciabatta, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and remaining mint together in a large bowl. Whisk together a quick dressing with the remaining olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice and the mustard. Season to taste and pour over the salad, then add the warm sticky chicken and toss to coat.