A quick and easy sticky and richly spiced Morrocan inspired chicken dish with green couscous.
- 4 free-range chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 tbsp rose harissa paste (we used Belazu)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300g couscous
- 500ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Large handful each of fresh coriander and parsley and small handful of mint, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the chicken in a bowl with the harissa, honey, oil and lemon zest. Season and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat a griddle or ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken, skin-side down, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Turn over, then cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cooked and sticky. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to allow it to absorb the stock, then fluff up with a fork. Stir in the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- 4. Just before serving, stir in the chopped herbs and season well. Slice the sticky chicken and serve, along with any pan ?juices and the green couscous.
PER SERVING 512kcals, 16.1g fat (3g saturated), 41.9g protein, 42.2g carbs (6.3g sugars), 0.7g salt, 0.6g fibre
Kangarilla Road Chardonnay 2010/2011 McLaren Vale
Kangarilla Road wines have long been stalwarts of the Majestic range and this splendid Chardonnay shows why. The focus is on fruit characters – mainly citrus with some tropical and stone fruits – rather than oak, although judicious oaking does lend texture and a streak of vanilla. The pronounced fruitiness goes very well with the spice in this dish, while the wine’s texture and body enhance the taste of the meat.
Paul Mas Chardonnay 2010/2011 PGI Pays d'Oc
This is a great quality Chardonnay from Domaines Paul Mas, one of the greatest modern domaines in the Languedoc. 20% of this wine is fermented in American oak barrels and the remainder in stainless steel, for a great balance of flavour and textural characteristics. A bright golden wine, offering aromas of pineapple, quince,