- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- 410g can mixed pulses, drained and rinsed
- 75g small soup pasta shapes
- 2 savoy cabbage leaves, shredded
- Handful flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the onion and carrot and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomato, hot stock and pulses. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta shapes and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, season and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the pasta is just cooked. Stir in the parsley and divide between 4 warmed soup bowls.
- Serve with grated parmesan and chunks of crusty bread.