- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 4 pork sausages
- 125g dry batter mix
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 200ml water
- A handful of vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- A few rosemary leaves
- A jar of ready-made onion gravy
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a 1.5-litre shallow roasting tin and preheat in the oven at 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- Meanwhile, wrap 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon around 4 pork sausages. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and cook the sausages for 5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Gradually mix the dry batter mix with 1 egg and 200ml water in a bowl. Arrange the browned sausages in the preheated dish and pour the batter around them. Dot the batter with a handful of vine-ripened cherry tomatoes and a few rosemary leaves and return to the oven for 20-25 minutes, until risen and browned.
- Warm the onion gravy in a pan or in a dish in the microwave to serve alongside.
- For a veggie alternative, use Quorn sausages, veggie gravy, and omit the bacon.