This spicy tomato pesto recipe can be given as a gift for the pasta lover in your life, alongside our Roast tomato and black olive pasta sauce. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 260g jar semi-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- 125ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for storing
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1. Put the tomatoes, chilli, pine nuts, garlic, parsley and oil into a food processor and blend to a paste. Season well and transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Stir in the Parmesan. Put into a sterilised jar or jars (see tip), then top with a film of olive oil.
Per 100g: 466kcals, 43.9g fat (4.8g saturated), 2.6g protein, 0.7g carbs, 0.5g sugar, 0.1g salt
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Once open, use within 2 days. To sterilise jars (plus the lids, if you’re using them), otherwise this recipe will go mouldy, wash jars thoroughly in warm, clean, soapy water, rinse and drain upside down on kitchen towel. Place on a baking tray in
a preheated oven at 140°C/fan120°C/gas 1 for 15-20 minutes.