1 small onion, halved
1 green chilli, deseeded
30g fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
1 tbsp ground coriander
75g ready-to-eat dried apricots
2½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
3 tbsp lime juice
4 large, free-range skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 4 long strips
4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
1 garlic clove, finely grated
Green salad, to serve
1. Whizz the onion, chilli, fresh and ground coriander, apricots, fish sauce and lime juice in a food processor to make a marinade.
2. Put the chicken in a bowl and stir in three-quarters of the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers and put on a non-stick baking sheet. Grill for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
4. Meanwhile, stir the remaining marinade into the yogurt with the garlic. Serve 2 skewers each with the garlic yogurt and a green salad.
- This marinade is also perfect for pork and lamb fillets.