75g butter, chilled and diced
175g plain flour
50g Cheddar (or vegetarian alternative), grated
2 x 250g packs prepared vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
500g jar tomato and herb sauce
420g can butter beans in water, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
2 .Rub the butter into the plain flour until crumbs form. Stir in the grated Cheddar, season and set aside.
3. Remove the carrots from the packs of prepared vegetables, roughly chop and boil for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook for another minute, then drain.
4. Meanwhile, heat the tomato and herb sauce in a large saucepan until bubbling. Stir in the drained butter beans and blanched vegetables. Tip into a 1.75-litre ovenproof dish and scatter over the crumble.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a winter leaf salad, if you like.
- Try adding chopped nuts to the topping for extra crunch.