- Toasted nori into 16 pieces – 12cm x 9cm each
- Cooked sushi rice
- Pickled ginger
- Halved blanched green beans
- Red pepper and carrot matchsticks
- Cut some toasted nori into 16 pieces – 12cm x 9cm each. Put 1 piece in your palm, with a corner pointing down.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of cooked rice in the centre, then lay some pickled ginger, trimmed and halved blanched green beans, and red pepper and carrot matchsticks vertically in the centre of the rice.
- Roll into a cone by folding over the left and right sides of the nori, encasing the filling but leaving it peeping out of the top. Repeat to make 16 temaki.