Green fattoush salad
- May 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Take care not to overcook the asparagus spears – this vibrant summer salad should be fresh, zingy and have a hint of crunch in every bite. Crumble over the feta cheese and serve as a take-to-work lunch or vegetarian side dish.
Or take things up a notch with our show-stopping fattoush salad served with chargrilled sea bream.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 15.2g (4.8g saturated)
- 26.5g (5.7g sugars)
- 200g asparagus spears
- 200g thinly sliced mixed radishes
- 4 mini cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 200g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 3 pitta breads
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp sumac,
- 1 tsp za’atar spice mix
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- Handful of torn fresh mint leaves
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, blanch the asparagus spears for 2 minutes, then refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain and pat dry. Put the thinly sliced mixed radishes, cucumber slices and sugar snap peas in a large bowl.
- Toast the pitta breads, roughly chop and add to the bowl, then toss together. Whisk the extra-virgin olive oil, the lemon zest and juice, sumac, za’atar spice mix and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss again, then arrange on a platter and scatter over the crumbled feta cheese and a handful of torn fresh mint leaves.
Rate & review
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...