Sausage, pear and cranberry stuffing
- December 2005
- Serves 8
- Takes 30 minutes to make and 40 minutes in the oven
The flavours of sausage, pear and cranberry shine through in this hearty Christmas stuffing. It’s the perfect side dish to serve with your holiday turkey.
- 25.5g (8.8g saturated)
- 23.3g (6.2g sugar)
- 50g butter, plus extra to grease
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 8 good pork sausages, skinned
- 2 pears
- 6 slices white bread, finely diced
- 100g fresh or frozen (and thawed) cranberries
- 100g pecans, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5. Grease a shallow, 2-litre ovenproof dish. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, celery and sausages and cook for 10 minutes, breaking up the meat as you go. Tip into a large bowl.
- Peel and core the pears, then whizz to a purée in a processor. Add to the mixture with the rest of the ingredients. Season and mix. Tip into the greased dish.
- Cover with foil and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes, then uncover and cook at 200C/fan180C/gas 6 for 30 minutes.
To freeze, make the stuffing up until the end of step 2. Put in a freezer-proof and ovenproof dish, cool and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost in the fridge for 24 hours, then complete step 3.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...