Spiced roast beef with roasted vegetables recipe
- September 2006
- for 6 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 45-50 minutes in the oven, plus marinating
This delicious spiced roast beef is great for a Sunday lunch option, served alongside tasty roast vegetables.
Per serving: 460kcals, 16g fat (4.7g saturated), 33.7g protein, 48g carbs, 13.5g sugar, 0.4g salt
- 10 fresh curry leaves, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 750g piece beef fillet
- 8 ready-cooked and peeled beetroot (not in vinegar), drained and cut into eighths
- 4 large red peppers, deseeded and cut into large pieces
- 6 large potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- In a bowl, mix together the curry leaves, garam masala, ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brush the marinade all over the beef, wrap in cling film and set aside for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Arrange the beetroot, peppers and potatoes in a large non-stick roasting tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan until really hot, add the remaining oil and sear each side of the beef for 1 minute, until brown. Make a gap in the centre of the vegetables and sit the beef in the middle.
- Roast the beef for 30 minutes for medium-rare or 35 minutes for medium. Remove the beef from the roasting tray, loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Stir the vegetables and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until golden and starting to char. Spoon the beetroot, peppers and potatoes onto a platter, along with all the juices from the rested beef, then stir in the coriander.
- Carve the beef into slices and place on a platter. Serve with the roasted vegetables and the salad.
If you can’t find fresh curry leaves (from some large Tesco stores or Asian grocers), use dried.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rack of lamb with an olive crust and peperonata salad
This oven-roasted rack of lamb recipe is easy to make and incredibly tasty – a...
Breast of lamb stuffed with feta and mint
A gorgeous spring lamb recipe made with breast of lamb and stuffed with a flavoursome...