Spiced roast beef with roasted vegetables recipe
- September 2006
- for 6 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 45-50 minutes in the oven, plus marinating
This delicious spiced roast beef is great for a Sunday lunch option, served alongside tasty roast vegetables.
Per serving: 460kcals, 16g fat (4.7g saturated), 33.7g protein, 48g carbs, 13.5g sugar, 0.4g salt
- 10 fresh curry leaves, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 750g piece beef fillet
- 8 ready-cooked and peeled beetroot (not in vinegar), drained and cut into eighths
- 4 large red peppers, deseeded and cut into large pieces
- 6 large potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- In a bowl, mix together the curry leaves, garam masala, ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brush the marinade all over the beef, wrap in cling film and set aside for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Arrange the beetroot, peppers and potatoes in a large non-stick roasting tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan until really hot, add the remaining oil and sear each side of the beef for 1 minute, until brown. Make a gap in the centre of the vegetables and sit the beef in the middle.
- Roast the beef for 30 minutes for medium-rare or 35 minutes for medium. Remove the beef from the roasting tray, loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Stir the vegetables and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until golden and starting to char. Spoon the beetroot, peppers and potatoes onto a platter, along with all the juices from the rested beef, then stir in the coriander.
- Carve the beef into slices and place on a platter. Serve with the roasted vegetables and the salad.
If you can’t find fresh curry leaves (from some large Tesco stores or Asian grocers), use dried.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy potato and onion gratin
Serve this sensational creamy potato and onion gratin recipe with roast beef.
Roast pheasant with cavolo nero and bacon
This roast pheasant with cavolo nero and bacon recipe is a wonderful alternative to a...
Satisfyingly slow roasts
Six hour slow roasted lamb shoulder with charred red peppers and rosemary gravy
Simmone Logue’s incredibly tender slow-roasted lamb shoulder recipe is perfect for a Sunday lunch or...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...