Spicy crumbed chicken with coleslaw
- March 2007
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 25 minutes in the oven
This spicy crumbed chicken recipe is much healthier than the usual fried chicken recipe.
- 32.5g (5.8g saturated)
- 33.8g (6.9g sugar)
- 30g packet fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
For the coleslaw
- 4 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 350g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Line a roasting tin with foil. Divide the fajita seasoning between 2 bowls, add the flour to 1 and breadcrumbs to the other. Stir to mix. Beat the eggs in a third bowl.
- Toss the chicken in the flour. Dip each drumstick in the egg, then evenly in the breadcrumbs. Add to the tin, drizzle with the oil and bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked, deep golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the coleslaw by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Season and serve with the chicken.
Rate & review