We’re hiring! Check out our new social media executive role
What’s the role? Social media coordinator, Eye to Eye Media, London
Part-time role: This is a three-month fixed term contract, 18 hours per week, across 7 days, some core daytime hours, mostly flexible.
Please note: During the Covid19 crisis remote working is essential with the flexibility to travel to meetings, as directed. You must be UK-based.
More info: Eye to Eye Media produces high quality food media including the award-winning delicious. magazine, website and social channels alongside a portfolio of highly acclaimed food media projects for key clients such as Waitrose & Partners. It’s busy, exciting and most importantly we LOVE food.
We’re looking for a dynamic and well-versed social media coordinator to join our company. You will work across the Eye to Eye business, focusing on the delicious. magazine social media accounts, on an initial three-month contract, as soon as possible. You’ll be trained on the brand by the in-house team.
Successful applicants will be invited for interview via video call.
This is a crucial role in facilitating the smooth running of all of our social media channels – from recommending content to answering customer queries and managing communities. The successful applicant will be a team player with the ability to work in tandem with social media platform managers, food team and editors to ensure the publication of a seamless social media calendar of content.
- The successful applicant will work with the teams to create, implement and manage social media posts across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (see links for our accounts) – with a solid understanding of the differences between them
- Analysing Google Trends, social algorithms and social media platforms to make recommendations to editors on best new content, in order to grow and engage the audience
- Communicating with all parts of the business, and providing relevant information and updates is an essential part of the role
- The social media coordinator will be invited to core team meetings and will be expected to keep abreast of all brand announcements and strategies
- Must be social media trained with demonstrable experience of platform and community management for a well-known brand with large, active audiences, including best practice in paid partnerships, sponsorships and collaborations
- Must have demonstrable practical experience using tools such as Tweetdeck, Creative Studio and Latergram
- Excellent attention to detail and a sharp grasp of grammar
- A creative flair for social media, with the ability to take on and adapt the delicious. tone of voice
- Good organisational skills – but must also have the ability to react and change scheduled posts if needed
- An appreciation of food is desirable, with in-depth support given by the in-house teams
Role and responsibilities:
Reporting to: the Digital Editor
- Organising and scheduling social media posts across key social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Manage the delicious. Reader Panel on Facebook: including starting conversations, responding to readers and answering customer service queries
- Flexible working schedule, including evenings and weekends when our social channels are often at their busiest. Attending core daytime meetings
- Reporting to the digital editor weekly to deliver a trends report which will in turn create a schedule for social media calendars
- Facilitating social media competitions, including coordination with PRs and brands regarding prizes
- Working with editorial teams to deliver social media promotions in print
- Working alongside the marketing executive to deliver marketing posts on social channels
- Working alongside 3rd party brands and clients in order to deliver social media campaigns
- Using reporting systems such as Google Analytics and social media monitoring tools for regular reporting
- Being ever present in wider social media conversations – liking, responding and getting involved in trending topics
Closing date and how to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com, using subject line ‘Social media executive role’ by 5pm on Friday 20 August 2021.
We’re committed to building a diverse team, with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities. We’ll give full and fair consideration to all applicants.