Pear, oat and honey muffins
These pear, oat and honey muffins make a brilliant breakfast on-the-go or as an elevenses snack with a cup of coffee.
Watch the video then have a go at making them yourself.
Makes 12 muffins.
Hands-on time 10 minutes, oven time 25-30 minutes
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 75g rolled oats, plus a few extra to decorate
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml runny honey
- 1 medium ripe but firm pear, grated (about 100g)
- 250g Skyr honey
- 65g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
You’ll also need…
- 12-hole muffin tin and cases
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line the muffin tin with the cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder and ground ginger. In a jug whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla and honey. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the egg mixture and stir in, then mix in the grated pear, Skyr honey and chopped pecans.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cases, sprinkle a few extra oats over each muffin, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Eat as they are or serve topped with a dollop of your favourite Skyr.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter