1. Information we may collect from you, and how we collect it
We may collect information from you through a variety of means, as described below:
- In order to make use of certain services provided through this website such as the forums and signing up to receive the email newsletter, you will need to register with us. When you do so, you will need to provide certain information to us (such as your name and email address). You will also be able to select how we use your information for marketing purposes. You can update your marketing preferences at any time by logging on to your account.
- In order to receive certain goods or services available through this website such as the delicious. magazine, you will need to provide certain information to us (such as your name and street address). In some cases, we will direct you to a third party partner site which will collect the information from you and fulfil your order.
- If you enter a competition or give away, you will need to provide certain information to us (such as name and email) which we will use in accordance with the rules of the competition or give away.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you take part in a poll or survey, you will need to provide certain information to us as requested by the poll or survey.
If you decide not to give us your personal information when requested, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require.
2. How we use your information
We may use information we hold about you in one or more of the following ways:
- To ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to monitor and improve the performance of this website and the products and services available through this website.
- To customise the advertising that you see.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To send you marketing and promotional materials on our behalf and on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners, where we feel these may interest you, if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want to receive this marketing and promotional material, you can notify us as part of the registration process, and you can always opt out of receiving any further marketing and promotional emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any email you receive from us in future. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, you should contact email@example.com
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, if you choose to do so.
- To contact you about your account, where you have registered an account with us.
- To monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of this website, to enforce our rights and to protect the safety of others, including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint.
- To inform you if you have won a prize.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- For any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or governmental authority.
Where we have a contract with you, for example where we are providing you with specific products or services, or where you have entered a competition, we process your personal information where necessary on the lawful basis that it is necessary to enable us to fulfil our obligations under that contract.
Where we ask for your consent to use of your personal information, such as for marketing purposes, we will process that personal information on the lawful basis of your consent.
For the other purposes listed above (except where we are fulfilling a legal obligation) we process your personal information on the lawful basis that it is in our legitimate interests to do so. We do not believe, considering the nature and extent of the personal information that you provide to us, and the technical and organisational security measures that we apply to our processing of that information, that those interests materially impact any of your rights, freedom or your own interests.
If we ask you or invite you to provide any sensitive personal information to us for any reason, for example information relating to your health or dietary habits, we will always ask for your consent to use that data, and we will not use it without your consent. If you give consent you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If you would like us to cancel (delete) an account you have with deliciousmagazine, because you no longer wish to be registered on the site, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How we share your information
We use other businesses to provide certain services to us, or to you on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, sending emails, telemarketing, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys and polls, website analysis, data analysis and processing credit card payments. These service providers will have access to your personal information, but only to the extent necessary to provide their services. We do not permit these service providers to make any use of any personal information they process except to provide their services, and they will not contact you unless we give them express permission to do so for the purposes of providing the services.
If you have given your consent to such sharing as part of the registration process or subsequently, we will share your personal information with the applicable group companies and/or associated third parties and (unless you give them further consents) they can only use it to send you the information that you have requested. Their use of your personal information will be otherwise subject to their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails that you receive, by amending your marketing preferences or by emailing email@example.com.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
4. Where your personal information is transmitted outside the EEA
Some of our service providers are based outside, or process data outside, the EEA. Because there is a higher risk in the processing of personal information in jurisdictions that do not share the same security standards as countries in the EEA we are obliged to ensure that our contracts with such service providers (who act as data processors) contain standard clauses approved by the European Commission in its decision 2010/87/EU, which you can read if you wish via this link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en. In the case of processors in the US who have self-certified under the US-EU Privacy Shield scheme the certification provides the equivalent protection to these clauses.
5. Retention and deletion of your information
We will not keep your personal information for any longer than required for the purposes for which it is collected, unless there is a legal obligation on us to keep it for a longer period.
When it is no longer required your personal information will be deleted.
6. Your rights
You have the following rights under data protection legislation. If you have any questions about your rights, or you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Access: You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, including the details and purposes of the processing, the organisations to which your personal information is disclosed, and other information that we are obliged to give you about our processing. If you wish to access any of your personal information please contact us giving details of the information you require.
Information accuracy: We have an obligation to keep the personal information we hold about you accurate and up to date, and you have the right to ensure that we do. Please notify us as soon as possible in the event of any change to your personal information.
Information Erasure: You have the right to ask that we erase your personal information (the ‘right to be forgotten’) in certain limited circumstances. We will let you know if any of those circumstances apply on request.
Restriction on processing: You have the right to restrict us from processing your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We will let you know if any of those circumstances apply on request.
Information Portability: You may have the right to require us to transfer the personal information we hold about you to a third party in machine-readable format. Please contact us to find out whether your right applies.
Right to object: If at any point we process your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests, or on the basis that it is in the public interest to do so, you have the right to object to that processing. In any event, you have the right to request that we do not use your personal information for any direct marketing purposes.
Automated decision-making: Finally, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making that has significant prejudicial effect on you. We do not take any such decisions on this basis.
If you contact us by telephone, email or by any other remote means we may require proof of ID before acting.
If you contact us to exercise your rights we will respond as required under data protection legislation, but please note that not all rights are absolute. Sometimes they may not apply, or other legal obligations or third party rights will take precedence.
You can find out more about your rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
8. Links and third party apps
Both the delicious. magazine newsletter and this website contain links to other sites. This website may also contain third party applications. Such third party sites and applications have their own privacy policies and practices. Please note that Eye to Eye Media Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites or apps. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or apps.
This privacy statement applies solely to information we collect through this website.
9. A note for parents
We do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personal information from children through this website, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including obtaining parental consent where necessary. The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources.
Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit https://www.google.com/safetycenter/ and the GetNetWise website to learn more about parental control tools.
We take all reasonable steps to help prevent the loss or corruption of, or unauthorised access to, the information that you provide to us. Nonetheless, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to our website in the course of transmission. Any transmission of personal data therefore remains at your own risk.
11. Notification of changes
If you have any questions or complaints, or you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
The company is registered in England & Wales with company number 06870389.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...