Barbecued smoky squid salad
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
A delightful seafood supper with a difference, this squid salad recipe is fresh and flavourful.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 23.1g (5.8g saturated)
- 23.4g (4.4g sugar)
- 500g squid tubes, cleaned and scored
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 150g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and diced
- 600g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 150ml white wine
- Large handful fresh parsley leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Slice the squid in half lengthways, then into large pieces. Put into a dish. Add 2 tbsp of the oil, the garlic and paprika and mix to coat the squid. Season with salt and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a sauté pan and fry the chorizo until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Sweat the onion in the same pan over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add the chilli, then return the chorizo to the pan. Stir through the drained beans and white wine and bubble for a few minutes until warmed through and reduced. Spoon the bean salad into a serving bowl. Add the parsley, lemon zest and juice. Season well.
- Preheat a griddle or barbecue until hot. Chargrill the squid for 2 minutes on each side. Top the salad with the squid, drizzle with more oil and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Paprika-battered squid, chunky chips and tartare sauce
This paprika-battered squid recipe is a no-fuss version of fish and chips.
Squid, lemon and caper salad
This squid salad recipe makes a great starter for a dinner party or a light...