- August 2006
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus freezing
Turn a timeless cocktail into a sensational dessert with this bellini granita recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- trace (trace saturated)
- 20.9g (20.9g sugars)
- 2 x 400g cans peaches in natural juice
- 100g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 375ml Prosecco, plus extra to serve
- Drain the peaches, reserving 100ml of the juice. Put the juice and sugar in a small pan over a low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar, then increase the heat and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Put the peaches, lemon juice and peach sugar syrup into a blender and purée until smooth. Stir in the Prosecco and pour into a shallow, freezerproof container. Cover and freeze for 2 hours, then gently scrape the frozen edges into the centre using a fork. Freeze for a further 30 minutes and repeat 2-3 times, until you have a frozen, grainy mixture.
- To serve, transfer to the fridge for 5 minutes, then fork over again. Divide between bowls, pour over a little more Prosecco and decorate with crystallised rose petals, if you like.
Rate & review