Cheat’s chicken puttanesca
- March 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 25 minutes to cook
Have this quick and easy chicken puttanesca on the table in just 30 minutes. The mouthwatering one-pot Italian supper, served with polenta and cherry tomatoes, requires little effort.
- 350g ready-made polenta, like this one from Tesco
- 10g grated parmesan
- 350g jar of tomato sauce
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 free-range chicken breasts (with skin)
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. In a large ovenproof dish, break up the ready-made polenta into chunks, sprinkle with parmesan and season. Spoon over tomato sauce and scatter with cherry tomatoes, black olives and capers.
- Top with chicken breasts. Season, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves to serve.
Not keen on polenta? Substitute it with diced butternut squash.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...