Cheat’s courgette, broad bean and pancetta pasta
- September 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
This indulgent, creamy pasta bake recipe is a real treat that can be thrown together quickly and easily by using a ready-made cheese sauce.
- 120g large pasta shells
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 70g pack cubetti di pancetta
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 300g pot of cheese sauce
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 50g grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Cook the pasta shells in a pan of boiling salted water for 12 minutes until almost cooked, then drain and refresh in cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook the frozen broad beans in a pan of boiling water for a few minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water. Once cool, slip the beans out of their outer skins.
- Coarsely grate courgettes, sprinkle with salt and leave for 10 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the pancetta for 2-3 minutes, then add the courgette with the lemon zest and fry for 5 minutes. Add the broad beans and cook for another minute. Stuff the courgette and pancetta mixture into the shells and put in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the cheese sauce with crème fraîche and a splash of water, pour over the pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes until piping hot.
More recipe ideas
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...