Chicken and mushroom fricassée
- November 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
Transform a ready-roasted chicken into this decadent chicken and mushroom fricassée recipe.
- 1 small ready-roasted chicken
- 300g tub fresh mushroom pasta sauce
- 250g baby chestnut mushrooms
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 75ml half-fat crème fraîche
- A handful chopped fresh parsley
- Cooked rice and a wedge of lemon, to serve
- Remove the meat from the chicken, discarding the skin and bones, and tear into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the fresh mushroom sauce for pasta in a large frying pan over a medium heat, until just simmering.
- Stir in the baby chestnut mushrooms, halved, the lemon juice and half-fat crème fraîche and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until heated through. Stir in a the fresh parsley, season to taste and divide between plates.
- Serve with the remaining lemon, quartered, to squeeze over, and some cooked rice.
Rate & review