Chicken with a salsa salad
- July 2010
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min; oven time 30 min
These spicy chicken drumsticks are full of flavour, thanks to a few shortcuts in the kitchen. The zesty salsa is as tasty as it is healthy.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 100g mango chutney
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 6 free-range chicken drumsticks
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
- Small tin black eye beans, drained and rinsed
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. In a large bowl, mix together the mango chutney and fajita seasoning. Add the chicken and toss in the mixture to coat thoroughly. Transfer to a roasting tin lined with baking paper and bake for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the red pepper, avocado, sweetcorn, beans and lime zest. Add the lime juice, then stir through the chopped coriander. Serve the salsa with the cooked chicken.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...