Easy lemon and herb chicken
- May 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 50 min
This herby recipe only dirties one pan, so it’s perfect for mid-week dinners when you want to save on the washing up.
- 20.7g (5g saturated),
- 26.3g (20.7g sugars)
- 6 carrots, chopped diagonally into 5cm pieces
- 8 free-range British chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Finely grated zest and juice
- 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half horizontally
- 40ml white wine
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 fresh lemon thyme sprigs
To serve: Green salad
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the carrots and chicken thighs in a bowl, toss them with the olive oil, honey, lemon zest and juice, then season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to a large baking tray, spread out in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the red onions, garlic and wine to the tray, then cook for a further 20 minutes, basting the chicken with the juices and turning the vegetables occasionally. Add the lemon slices and herbs for the final 10 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked throughout (the fibres should be set and clearly visible with no gelatinous patches) and the vegetables are tender. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Add spices, such as paprika or ground cumin, to the honey mix.
Rate & review