Easy vegetable stock
- June 2013
- for lots of people
- Takes 10 min to prepare, 45 minutes to cook
Fresh stock is easy to make and tastes much better than the salty stuff from a cube
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 leek
- A few bay leaves
- A generous pinch of black peppercorns
- A small bunch of fresh parsley
- Put the carrots, onions, celery sticks and leek, all roughly chopped, into a large pan with the bay leaves, black peppercorns and fresh parsley.
- Fill the pan with water to cover well, then bring to a gentle simmer – the water should barely bubble.
- Cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, removing any scum that forms on the surface, then strain and set aside to cool. Divide among freezer bags, then freeze for up to 6 months.
Use this stock to make one of our scrummy soups
Rate & review