Greek beef burger with beetroot relish
- April 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 min
This quick burger recipe conjures up flavours of sunny Greece. Use fresh beetroot if you can.
- 30.7g (9.4g saturated)
- 34.5g (6.8g sugar)
- 500g best-quality beef mince
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Small bunch of flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 60g feta, cubed
- 50g rocket leaves
- 4 poppy seed rolls, lightly toasted
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
(sh) For the beetroot relish
200g cooked beetroot, cubed
3 small pickled onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Mix all the relish ingredients together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Put the beef mince in a bowl, season and stir in the Worcestershire sauce and parsley. With wet hands, form into 4 burgers, then press a few feta cubes into the centre of each and press the mince back over to reshape, covering the cheese completely. (Cover and chill for up to 12 hours, if you like, or see freezing tip). Preheat the grill to medium.
- Grill the burgers for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Place some rocket on each roll, top with a burger and some relish. Serve with mayonnaise, if you like.
You can freeze the uncooked burgers for up to 1 month. Thaw and proceed with the recipe from step 3.
Rate & review