Lamb, date and spinach tagine
- December 2013
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 seasoned lamb leg steaks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- A generous pinch of ras el hanout spice mix (we like Bart)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 60g dates, chopped
- 200g baby spinach
- Pared zest of 1 lemon
- Couscous and fresh mint, to serve
- Heat the oil in a casserole, chop the lamb leg steaks into 3-4cm chunks, then fry until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the red onion and ras el hanout to the casserole and fry for 3 minutes over a low-medium heat.
- Return the lamb to the casserole along with the garlic, chopped tomatoes and chicken stock. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir through the dates, spinach and the lemon zest. Serve with steamed couscous topped with some finely shredded fresh mint leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
May seasonal recipes
Lamb steaks with garlic, basil and spinach polenta
Garlic, spinach and basil is whizzed together to create a pesto-like sauce, before it’s stirred...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...