Nutty spiced couscous with squash and feta
- May 2010
- Serves 2
- Ready in under an hour
This spicy couscous recipe makes a tasty and filling alternative to your usual shop-bought sandwich.
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 crushed garlic cloves in olive oil
- 100g Belazu barley couscous (from Waitrose and Sainsbury’s)
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 125-150ml hot vegetable stock
- 25g toasted almonds and
- A small handful each of chopped fresh mint and parsley
- 75g crumbled feta
- Toss 500g butternut squash, peeled and cubed, and 2 crushed garlic cloves in olive oil. Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, put 100g Belazu barley couscous into a bowl, sprinkle over 1 tsp ras el hanout and the finely grated zest of ½ orange. Pour over 125-150ml hot vegetable stock, cover and leave for 6 minutes.
- Fluff up and add 25g toasted almonds and a small handful each of chopped fresh mint and parsley. Add the squash and 75g crumbled feta, and toss together.
This couscous recipe keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days. Vegetarians should use veggie feta.
Rate & review