Pasta with courgettes, crème fraîche and bacon
- September 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
A quick pasta recipe made with healthy courgettes and deliciously salty bacon.
- 12 streaky bacon rashers
- 2 large courgettes, coarsely grated
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 250ml tub crème fraîche
- 500g pack fresh tagliatelle
- Fresh Parmesan shavings, to serve (optional)
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil. Dry-fry the bacon in a large, hot frying pan over a high heat for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and crispy. Set aside on kitchen paper to cool, then roughly chop.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the courgettes to the frying pan. Cook for a few minutes, stirring, until just wilted. Stir in the lemon zest and crème fraîche. Simmer for a few minutes – it will look quite runny. Season to taste and keep over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, add the tagliatelle to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, until al dente. Drain well, return to the pan and add the courgette mixture. Toss well until the pasta has soaked up the sauce, then stir in the bacon. Divide between shallow bowls and scatter with the Parmesan, if you like.
Rate & review