Pork, bean and bacon stew
- June 2012
- Serves 2
- Ready in 30 minutes
This flavoursome pork stew recipe is packed full of flavour and texture, great served with a chunk of crusty bread
- 21.6g (6.4g saturated)
- 26.8g (4g sugars)
- 2 pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- ½-1 tbsp harissa
- 500ml good quality chicken stock
- 400g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Cube the pork chops into bite-size pieces (removing the bone and excess fat).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the bacon lardons until crisp, then set aside. Add the onion and garlic. Soften in the oil for 10 minutes. Return the bacon with the pork and add the harissa.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Season, then simmer for 8 minutes, skimming any scum from the surface. Add the beans and warm through. Stir in a good handful of fresh parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Rate & review