Quick crispy lamb with pea purée
- September 2007
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make and about 20 minutes in the oven
Tender, moist and succulent lamb, with a crisp covering of roasted breadcrumbs, comes served with a minted pea purée and warm chunks of flatbread – for a quick meal to make for friends.
- 1 fresh flavoured flatbread (we like Waitrose 275g tomato and garlic flatbread)
- Small pack fresh mint
- 2 x 150g lamb loins or neck fillets
- 200ml tub half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 egg
- 300g frozen petits pois
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan200C/gas 7.
- In a food processor, whizz up a third of flatbread with a small handful fresh mint leaves, to coarse crumbs. Season and spread on a plate. Beat egg in a bowl.
- Season lamb loins or neck fillets, dip in the egg and roll in the crumbs. Put on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the flatbread to the oven and cook everything for a further 8-10 minutes, until the lamb is medium and the bread is golden. Rest the lamb for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil petits pois in a pan for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Drain and tip into the food processor. Add 3 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche, a small handful fresh mint leaves and season. Pulse to a coarse purée, divide between 2 small bowls and garnish with more fresh mint leaves.
- Thickly slice the lamb and tear the flatbread into chunks. Divide between plates and serve with the pea purée.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter