Quick puy lentil salad with a poached egg
- April 2008
- 250g pack microwavable puy lentils
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 200g baby leeks, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 50g SunBlush tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- Warm the Puy lentils in a saucepan with a splash of water or microwave according to pack instructions and set aside.
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Put the red onion, baby leeks, ½ tablespoon olive oil and plenty of seasoning in a bowl. Turn to coat in the oil. Spread out in the hot griddle pan in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until marked with griddle lines. The leeks will cook faster than the onions. Remove to a plate with tongs.
- Combine 1½ tbsp of olive oil with the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp wholegrain mustard and 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley. Stir into the warm lentils with the tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped, and the griddled veg.
- Lightly poach 2 eggs. Serve the eggs on top of the lentil salad and sprinkle with extra fresh parsley.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter