Quick puy lentil salad with a poached egg
- April 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 min
Pre-cooked lentils in this quick and hearty vegetarian recipe means that supper is on the table in just 15 minutes.
- 250g pack microwavable puy lentils
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 200g baby leeks, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 50g SunBlush tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- Warm the Puy lentils in a saucepan with a splash of water or microwave according to pack instructions and set aside.
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Put the red onion, baby leeks, ½ tablespoon olive oil and plenty of seasoning in a bowl. Turn to coat in the oil. Spread out in the hot griddle pan in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until marked with griddle lines. The leeks will cook faster than the onions. Remove to a plate with tongs.
- Combine 1½ tbsp of olive oil with the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp wholegrain mustard and 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley. Stir into the warm lentils with the tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped, and the griddled veg.
- Lightly poach 2 eggs. Serve the eggs on top of the lentil salad and sprinkle with extra fresh parsley.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Puy lentils with roasted vegetables and griddled halloumi
This Mediterranean inspired vegetarian recipe is great for using up leftover vegetables in the fridge....
Best end of lamb with squash, Puy lentils and a lamb jus
This wonderful lamb recipe with Puy lentils and butternut squash is sure to impress at...