Quick spicy lamb chops with pomegranate, feta and mint tabouleh
- March 2010
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 10 minutes plus 25 minutes cooking time
Tabouleh is a dish made with bulgur wheat and is really easy to prepare. Served with spicy lamb chops, this is a tasty dinner to whip quickly on any night of the week.
- 150g bulgur wheat
- ½ x 150g pack feta cubes (we like Cypressa Greek Feta from Waitrose)
- ½ x 100-120g pack pomegranate seeds
- Small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Rack of 4 lamb cutlets
- 1 tsp baharat or ras el hanout spice
- Cook the bulgur wheat in a pan of boiling water or hot chicken stock for 15 minutes until tender, then drain. Fluff up with a fork and stir through the feta, pomegranate seeds, mint, and lemon juice. Season well, mix and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking-hot. Drizzle the lamb cutlets with a little olive oil, rub with the baharat or ras el hanout, season well and griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. Serve the chops with the tabouleh.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter