Red wine sausage bake with herby breadcrumbs
- Janaury 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 40 min
This easy tray bake sees sausages and onions cooked in red wine until caramelised and then topped with a crunchy herb and breadcrumb topping. Take your weeknight dinners up a notch.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 52.4g (17.2g saturated)
- 33.9g (21.2g sugars)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 x 400g packs of British free-range pork sausages
- 400ml red wine
- 150ml chicken stock
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g finely chopped walnuts
- Half a bunch of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 60g dried sour cherries (or cranberries)
- Handful of freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat the vegetable oil in a roasting tin for 5 minutes in the hot oven, then add the red onions. Give the onions a stir, then top with the sausages in an even layer. Pour in the red wine and stock and roast for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the fresh breadcrumbs, walnuts and chopped fresh parsley in a bowl. Halfway through cooking, turn the sausages, then add the pomegranate molasses and dried sour cherries (or cranberries). Stir well, then add half the breadcrumb mixture.
- Once the sausages are cooked, sprinkle over the remaining breadcrumb mixture in an even layer. Serve with a handful of freshly chopped parsley and steamed green vegetables, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...