Roast spiced cod
- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30-32 minutes to cook
Let the oven do the work – this simple one-tray roast spiced cod with chana masala recipe will be ready in around 40 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.1g fat (1g saturated)
- 30.2g (4.3g sugars)
- 300g waxy potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp each ground turmeric, ground coriander and cumin seeds
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 400g can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 4 thick cod fillets
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the potatoes into 1.5cm cubes, then drizzle with the olive oil. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Sprinkle over the garam masala, turmeric, ground coriander, cumin seeds and hot chilli powder. Add the fresh ginger and garlic cloves. Season well, toss to combine, then roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the chickpeas. Season the cod fillets, place on top of the potato and chickpeas and roast for a further 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilli pesto-crumbed cod fillets with parmentier potatoes
This easy chilli and pesto cod dish with potatoes uses short-cut ingredients to make the...