Roasted beetroot with soured cream, hazelnuts and dill
- December 2013
- Serves 10
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 40-45 minutes to cook
This dish of roasted beetroot gets a distinctly Scandi treatment – with wonderful herby and nutty flavours.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 8.2g (2.5g saturated)
- 10.1g (9.3g sugars)
- 11-13 medium beetroot (about 1.3kg)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 150ml soured cream
- 3 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 25g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel the beetroot under running water (use rubber gloves if you don’t want to stain your hands) and cut into large chunks. Scatter into a large ovenproof roasting tin or dish, drizzle with olive oil and add the caraway seeds, then roast for 40-45 minutes until soft and slightly shrivelled.
- Stir through the soured cream mixed with a splash of warm water to coat the beetroot evenly. Spoon into a serving dish and scatter with the dill and hazelnuts to serve.
Cut, oil and scatter the beetroot with caraway seeds the night before. Chill in the fridge overnight, covered with damp kitchen paper.
You don’t need to leave the garnish until the last minute. Cut the dill the night before and keep in a small plastic container, wrapped in damp kitchen paper in the fridge. Toast and chop the hazelnuts the night before and keep in an airtight container in a cool place overnight.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...