Roasted herbed cod with oven-dried tomatoes and rocket salad
- November 2007
- 500g plum tomatoes
- Oil, for greasing
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp each chopped fresh parsley, oregano and basil
- 4 x 175g thick pieces skinned and boned cod fillet
For the rocket salad
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tsp olive oil
- 40g rocket leaves, washed
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/ fan220°C/gas 9. Cut the tomatoes in half and place them cut-side up in a lightly oiled shallow roasting tin. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Then lower the oven temperature to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2 and roast for a further 1½ hours. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and keep warm. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- Melt the butter in a small shallow roasting tin. Stir in the herbs and plenty of seasoning, add the cod and turn it over in the mixture until all the pieces are well coated. Transfer the tin to the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- For the rocket salad, whisk the mustard and vinegar together, then gradually whisk in the olive oil and some seasoning. Set aside.
- To serve, arrange the roasted tomatoes in the centre of 4 warmed plates. Rest the cod on top and spoon over any cooking juices from the roasting tin. Toss the rocket leaves in the dressing, pile them on top of the cod and serve immediately.
Find out how to fillet a round fish below…
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...